Vegetables are delicious. Vegetable Cream Soup is even more delicious. In this recipe, I've added some cashews for some healthy fat that helps with nutrient absorption and adds a bit of creaminess... it will be hard to believe that it's healthy. You could definitely use this recipe and simply switch out some of the vegetables, and if you don't have bone broth, you can use water. However, you know how much I love broth, both for added nutrients and for added taste.
A vegetable cream soup such as this is one of the simplest ways to get a ton of vegetables into our diet. This soup is a more easily digestible form of vegetables, and you can mix and match as much as you want. This is one of my favorite combinations, broccoli and whatever else I have in the fridge. The following recipe is the base. Enjoy and have fun exploring!
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings)
Gluten and Dairy Free
2 quarts liquid (filtered water or broth)
One head broccoli, roughly chopped
One medium onion, roughly chopped
3 medium carrot sticks, roughly chopped
3 cloves garlic crushed
1 cup cashews (soaked)
Plus: Any vegetables that you have leftover in the fridge that you need to get rid of. Root vegetables work great.
Salt and pepper to taste
1) In a large sauté pan, sauté onions until translucent. Throw in the rest of the vegetables and cook until soft.
2) Throw everything into a blender, add broth, cashews, a large pinch of salt and pepper and blend with center top piece off.
3) Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
4) Use a spatula to pour everything into a medium stock pot and heat until ready to serve!
5) Garnish with some olive oil or other nuts.
6) Freeze some if desired and save for a rainy day.