Pancakes are an American brunch staple! I’m excited to share this recipe for coconut flour pancakes, and they make great snacks on the go as well. Spread some almond butter on them and they very well could be a post workout snack. They are denser than normal pancakes, so don’t expect the same fluffiness, but they are wonderful in their own way. My favorite way to eat them is to dip them in yogurt.
1 ripe banana
1/8 teaspoon vanilla
2 heaping tablespoons cooked squash, canned pumpkin, or sweet potato (optional, I would use an extra banana if you don't use these)
3 tablespoons coconut flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
handful of coconut shreds
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
1/8 teaspoon salt
1) Heat a large sauté pan on the stove while you mash the banana, eggs, vanilla, and squash in a medium bowl with an immersion blender or mixer.
2) Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, coconut shreds, salt, and baking powder. Mix thoroughly with a spatula.
3) Turn heat to low, and place 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or butter per batch in the sauté pan.
4) Cook for roughly 2 minutes on low on each side. Be careful flipping!
5) Enjoy with fruit, maple syrup, nut butter, yogurt, or any topping you wish!